- GSMA’s Bouverot sends operator-backed open letter to Kroes calling for European reform 10 March 2014 | 4:54 pm
- Belgacom to brand all domestic Belgian services as Proximus 10 March 2014 | 4:37 pm
- Sonera to acquire AinaCom’s consumer and fixed network business 10 March 2014 | 2:13 pm
- Vodafone signs connected car deals with VW and Audi 10 March 2014 | 2:11 pm
- Bouygues to sell network and spectrum to Free if SFR deal goes through 10 March 2014 | 11:31 am
The Largest Dedicated Digital Event in the Region
Join us next year at NigeriaCom 2014!
After two days of engaging discussions and networking, the 4th annual NigeriaCom conference and exhibition closed in Lagos, Nigeria on the 18th of September 2013.
Day one of NigeriaCom focused on the foundations of telecommunications, networks, connectivity and quality of service whilst day two took a close look at added services which operators need to capitalise on by working closely with content providers.
Expert speakers addressed the boom in mobile financial services and the use of social media, with representatives from Ibaka TV, Eskimi, 2go, Clickatell, Airtel and the Ekiti State Government, among others.
BBC World chose NigeriaCom to announce the launch of their new targeted mobile service for local audiences. This special co-located event was followed by the second annual AppGig. Following on last year’s huge success, the AppGig was made up of a series of informal chats and workshops focusing on creating and monetising quality local apps. Enhancing local app talent were leaders from Google, Yookos, Globacom and Mobile Monday, to name but a few. This fun, hands-on gig was a great way to round off what has been an extremely successful event here in Lagos.
See you next year in Lagos, Nigeria on 16-17 September 2014!
A definitively full digital event – NigeriaCom provides an in-depth and transversal view of the Digital ecosystem of the region. With speakers from the major telecom operators, market-leading OTT players, solutions providers, regulators, influential public and private entities and innovative content providers, this well-rounded gathering offers a unique perspective any digital player needs to see.
- New focus areas – As the market evolves, NigeriaCom stays ahead and helps you by bringing cutting-edge topics to the table, which this year include Mobile Money, digital entertainment and the return of the extremely popular APPGIG.
- Leading operator speakers – Though dedicated to the entire digital ecosystem, NigeriaCom recognises the pivotal role operators’ play and shines the spotlight on efforts made to improve and expand on services provided. We are proud to have the confidence of leaders including Etisalat, Vodafone, Starcomms, Globacom and Mobitel (among others) who will be sharing their views and news with us at this year’s event.
- High-calibre partners – This year we are honoured to be working with the likes of Google, Iroking, the BBC, First bank of Nigeria, Spinlet, CEON and the Co-Creation Hub, to mention but a few. Take a look at the full programme and discover the powerful insights these spearheading institutions will be sharing at NigeriaCom. networking and business generation – As well as our powerful speed networking sessions, you can also connect with the industry via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube in the run-up to NigeriaCom.
- Our creative sponsorship packages also provide a flexible solution so that all stakeholders in Nigeria’s booming digital ecosystem can get involved. We offer something for everyone so get on board – can you afford not to be at NigeriaCom?
In 2013 NigeriaCom welcomed:
- 750 attendees through the door
- 43% C-Level / Director / Head delegate attendance
- 54% operator delegate attendance
- 19 countries
- 220 companies
Find out more download the 2014 folder and conference agenda here
The APPGIG is free for all independent app developers, coders and software engineers from the region
Following on last year’s immense popularity, 2013 sees the return of the AppGig at NigeriaCom. Highlighting the latest developments in the App world, this second edition will take a look at how Africa is set to spearhead the world in App innovation and development and showcase Nigeria’s potential to lead the continent in this direction. More and more businesses are catering to a more and more tech-savvy and demanding clientele with competition driving creativity, originality and efficiency.
The Nigerian App market has definitively taken off and there is a major opportunity to draw revenue from it with many players in the race!
If you attend the app at nigeriaCom you will hear from experienced and engaging speakers from the whole apps ecosystem (developers, content producers, handset manufacturers and other players), network and share your ideas with your peers in an informal setting.
- If you are an independent app developer, coder or software engineer based in Nigeria this event is for you...
- If you wish to give a presentation or join a panel discussion to share your experiences with your peers, contact Thandi.Demanet@informa.com (conditions apply)
- If you would like to sponsor and lead a developer workshop, contact Becky.firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more download the conference agenda here
I would like to thank Aleksandra Mikula for all your assistance with the speed networking sessions. We found them very useful as we got to meet reps from all the major telecom operators and had meaningful discussionsNana Poku, Account Manager, Rancard
It was indeed a very successful showAshok Iyengar, Chief Executive Officer, GlobalSMSC
We met all the customers we wantedRosso Kane Dieng, Head of Business Development and Sales, PCCI
This year’s event was absolutely unique in the sense that new features were added that really met the needs of participantsAdefemi Ojo, Head of Network Operations, Starcomms
It gave an informative and passionate insight into burning issues that requires the urgent attention of all stakeholders in order to actualize the millennium development goals for NigeriaCharles Nnaji, Naional Head, Data Services, Zoom Mobile
Both the industry players present and fellow mobile operator delegates were great to debate and network withWellington Simbande, GM: VAS Applications & Services, Glo
This year’s event was fantastic. It was very beneficial for vendors and operators to improve their businessChiezie O., Vas/IT/configuration, Zoom Mobile
A must attend event for telecom industry professionals and players in the West African sub regionKierin Ombu, Regional Sales Manager, MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd